Monday, December 1, 2008

Just a quickie today...


So, over the Thanksgiving weekend, the GF and I were in NYC doing it up "Warriors"-style, getting in fights and roaming the streets expanding our turf. What we really did was get kinda dressed up and go see "Equus" on Friday night. "Equus" starred Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Dursley). It was quite a show, and really great. I went in expecting to see a show starring Harry Potter, but went out having seen a great performance by Daniel Radcliffe. (To answer your questions: Yes, he gets naked. Yes, I feel privileged.) I'm sure many many people had the same feeling. However, I then watched the new Harry Potter 6 trailer, and remembered who Daniel Radcliffe really is: Harry fucking Potter.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harrypotterandthehalfbloodprince/

More later, but I just wanted to get the word out about the new HP trailer, since I didn't know it existed until I stumbled upon it by accident.

PS: Jim Broadbent will rock the house as Horace Slughorn.

1 comment:

DinoDiva said...

That trailer gets me so excited about this movie. It's gonna freakin rock. I think I disagree with you though. I loved DR's performance in Equus. I thought he was amazing. Especially at the end when he went crazy...he committed to that role in a way that not many actors could. And he did it all while completely bare-ass naked. Very impressive. But I never forgot while watching Equus that this was the same guy who plays Harry Potter. And I am not upset by that. I think especially now that the HP movies are getting darker and more evil is coming to play in them and the characters are getting older that DR's role in Equus will only help him better transform from the cute innocent Harry Potter that we know from the past few movies to the very adult, serious Harry Potter who faces challenges in the next few movies that many adults he knows would not even be brave enough to do.

My two cents.