Thursday, April 2, 2009

In movie news...

Fox decided to "save" itself some effort and money by releasing rental copies of movies. These so-called "rental copies" would have no special features, just the movie on a disc. I tried really hard but I don't see the point of this venture. I have just as much right to rent a disc to check out the quality/depth of the special features as I do the movie itself.

I thought I'd have to wait a few years before an ugly side reared up and showed Fox how stupid it was, but I only had to a wait a couple days: On Tuesday, Slumdog Millionaire came out on DVD. Guess what? About half of the DVDs that went to stores to be bought for home viewing were rental copies so they didn't have any of the extras on them at all. Way to go Douchebags At Fox.

In other kind of shitty movie news, Fox has decided not to eat the cost of 3D glasses for Ice Age 3. This means that theaters will have to pay for the glasses themselves, or charge you for them when you go buy your $10 movie ticket. I predict that many theaters will simply choose not to show the movie in 3D.

From The A.V. Club.

No comments: