Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Devil Hates Dancing

If you thought Save the Last Dance, Step Up 2: The Streets or Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo were far too pagan for your tastes, the good Christian people at Uplifting Entertainment have provided you with a God-friendly alternative.

C Me Dance is a story about a teenager who loves ballet, but has a terminal illness and is being stalked by the devil, presumably because she's a great dancer and the Devil doesn't like that. She's a Job in tights and a tutu. I guess the Devil never got over what Johnny did to him when he went down to Georgia.



If Christians feel that they need their own entertainment, that's their business. But if anything is defying God and making the Devil angry it's the acting in this "movie". Are teenagers do dumb these days that they'll only know a movie is specifically for them if you abbreviate words in the title? It's like the production office texted the title idea to the writers who just left it verbatim. I'm surprised it didn't turn out, C Me Dnce.

PS: I don't think I could've come up with a more perfect picture if I tried.

2 comments:

die Frau said...

It's the Christian way of getting "jiggy" with their young parishioners.

P.S. Sorry I scooped you on the Sendak trailer, but hey--we have different enough audiences for you to post. And I teach at a high school--that's the only reason I know who the hell Blake Lively is. She is no Ingrid Bergman.

Ithaca_chick said...

Wow, that movie looks really fantastic... Actually I kind of want to see it just to figure out how the hell they work the devil into a dancing flick.